Programme for week commencing 1st January, 2015
On Monday 29th December, 2014 President Janice had the pleasure of inducting a new Rotarian and also giving James Lovatt his Junior Vice President’s chain, which symbolically was dispensed to the dustbin.
It is very difficult, in fact impossible for officers of eRotary to wear these outdated Rotary emblems. Do we need to? As we believe Rotary is very much about the Service we give, rather than the positions we hold.
As we begin the new year, Click 4 Action eRotary intends to continue to strive to do things that fit the world today. It’s time to change and be a network which engages members’ passions in the time they can afford to give.
Plans are in hand for the coming year, allowing for flexibility, but as was stressed in last week’s programme whatever your constraints please help in the Social Media sharing. This is Rotary Service as it is helping to do eAwareness. Here is a brief summary of our plans:
- Water supply and sanitation will be a major way in which we want to help, many of our members are keen to do something so our virtual Balloon Race this year will help raise funds.
- We are changing our eDraw to raise funds for The Rotary Foundation or SOS Children Villages or both, those taking part may choose where the funds raised go.
- We will continue to develop our help in communities through the Rotary Community Corps, with the Malmesbury Flood Defence project, the Let’s Loop Swindon initiative, helping the Uplands Educational Trust with Fundraising and potential others.
- We want to continue to raise eAwareness around issues like Autism, Mental Wellbeing, Peace, Recycling, Social Investment and Community Asset Building.
- We particularly want to promote the idea that Rotary International is about meeting people around the world, learning about their culture and lifestyles to encourage greater understanding. Whilst encouraging our membership to grow to know each other through online discussions in our various forums.
So how can you help make 2015 a year where we continue to do things differently to keep Rotary relevant for the 21st Century:-
- Share with others about eRotary and the things we do
- Talk to other members through Social Media and our Members Forum
- Tell us more about what you are doing in your communities and how we can help you.
Finally we want to have a page in the Forum that has member profiles, please help us compile this and to help get the idea Janice, Tim, James and Mary will start the ball rolling. Watch out for changes in the coming year to our website to make it better as a tool for communication and developing our Rotary.
Click 4 Action eRotary is about change, doing things when you have time and opportunity, we hope to have a really Happy New Year in 2015.
You may be interested in these articles
Several club members took the opportunity to meet in Riga at the recent Rotaract European meeting EUCO event. Many of...
Yacht & Wine Trip
During the Euco in Riga some of our members organised a wine event with Rotaract&Wine. Wine in Latvia? That doesn´t sound logical. Well even...
This time last year we were given a presentation by a National Park Ranger on the fundamental function and importance...
President Handover Speech 2019
Written and delivered by Lynda Morse, Past President 2018-2918, in Hanover, on August 10th 2019 One starts a Presidential Year full...
My visit of the Rotary International Europe and Africa Office in Zürich
By Christoph Berndt On Tuesday, 13th of August 2019, I had the chance to visit the Rotary International Europe and...
Rotary connects the world
by Kirsten Weber – 15/08/2019 For the very first time I had this fantastic experience as a German exchange student in...
Christoph’s impressions of the Rotary International Convention 2019 in Hamburg
The Rotary Convention visited Hamburg in Germany this year. More than 25.000 Rotarians and 1000+ Rotaractors came together for networking...
E-Club, Barcelona and Me
This is a member‘s impression of our #RotaryEClubWestofEngland Weekend in sunny Barcelona from February 8th until February 10th, 2019! Since...