I don’t know how many of you are aware, but Tim usually is the one who puts together the weekly programme, either writing it himself or posting up what other members have sent to him. He has been working hard all day and tonight he is out at the District 1100 Council, so I thought that it would make the world of difference if I took the bit between my teeth and prepared the programme myself. I would like to start by saying a big thank you to everyone who has given me a vote of confidence in becoming the President of our eClub in 2013-14.
We might only be into the 3rd week of the new year, but there is already a lot going on. So we thought it would be good to take time this week for us all to share the various discussions that have been taking place, meetings and events attended, ideas suggested. Some examples:-
- February is Heart Month, for which we are launching a Virtual Balloon Race. Can we have an update on what we need to do to be ready to promote this please.
- Plans are well underway for the Autism Workshop “Understand It, Make It Happen” on Saturday March 16th, for which we need your help to take the posters and advertise it, re-tweet notices put out about it, invite people via the facebook event page for it and/or join in the Linked In discussion.
- We had a fantastic time at Jimmy’s on Saturday 12th. It would be good to share with everyone the different things you all talked about, ideas and eClub feedback you discussed or maybe even revelations you had?? (I came to the conclusion I must be going deaf, it was Emma’s birthday and I was trying to talk to her while everyone else around the table were singing Happy Birthday to her and I didn’t hear them! Or maybe the eClub is just not destined to be a choir!!)
- There’s various things being planned for young/younger people (got to be careful how I word that, everyone seems young to me these days), please can members involved in these ventures give us some updates.
- In case you haven’t heard, Tim and I achieved loosing a combined 4 stone on our sponsored diet (Tim loosing most of it and now looking really amazing, but then I’m very biased). Tim is busy collecting in sponsor money.
I’m sure there’s other things I can’t think of at the moment, so please do share whatever you want to. Ask questions, make suggestions that you would like to put forward for existing or new projects.
We have had it said to us quite often that members have difficulty logging onto the website to join in with the programme, so to avoid the need to log in the other question I would like to ask is whether you would like a closed group in Facebook to use as a place of discussion for our weekly programme.
Added later in the week
In response to Mary’s point below about eClub shirts, I have done a draft simplified logo that I believe will work as a sewn logo (we’d need to check with the supplier). The blue background represents the shirt itself, so the yellow logo would be the sewn element. What do others think? Please add your response as a reply to Mary’s comment below.
Rachel has asked for a description of the Rotary organisation (see her post below). Here’s our interpretation, please do ask if you have further questions.